Do Stress & Anxiety Remove Your Ability to Experience Happiness?
If you are suffering with stress & anxiety, you have come to the right place.
Click HERE to request your appointment online.
Click HERE to make your appointment in person.
What Are Stress & Anxiety?
Stress is a response to the demands of life that is both psychological (mental) and physiological (physical). Stress isn’t always bad stress, studies have shown there is good stress called eustress. The problems occur when chronic bad stress goes beyond a person’s ability to mentally and physically cope successfully.
Anxiety is a condition that causes a person to feel frightened, apprehensive, and worrisome for no apparent reason. There are 5 types of anxiety disorders:
- Panic Disorder including symptoms such as heart palpitations, sweating palms, chest pains, shortness of breath, and terror.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder where there is severe anxiety linked to a traumatic life event.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder includes symptoms of anxious thoughts and uncontrollable ritualistic behavior.
- Phobias are irrational fears of specific things or situations.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder is characterized as all of life’s little details and worries like paying bills, health, family issues, work related issues, etc becoming something that never goes away, causing excessive worry.
Stress or anxiety problems not resolved can often lead to many different emotional and physical symptoms like respiratory issues, digestive issues, gynecological or fertility issues, lowered immune response, etc.
How WellnessOne Can Help You...
Stress and anxiety disorders are very common problems, but we at WellnessOne have found that through regular acupuncture and massage sessions our patients have realized great improvement and all other treatment they seek is much more effective in making their lives more manageable.
Acupuncture has proven to have a very positive impact on many different chronic health conditions. The impact results from the stimulated central nervous system to release natural chemicals or hormones that will alter the systems in the boey with a positive outcome. There is evidence that says acupuncture can stimulate signals within the body causing an increased immune function, activate the natural pain relieving opioid system, control the hypothalamus, pituitary, and adrenal axis therefore supporting accurate hormone release and affecting the all of the systems in the body, all while controlling the fight or flight neurotransmitters and neurohormones to influence the brain chemistry in a positive way. Studies measuring peptides, or proteins, released during the fight or flight response while acupuncture is being used, supports this hypothesis.
The bottom line is that unless you address your stress & anxiety the quality of life of yourself and those around you will suffer dramatically!
WellnessOne of Redding is Northern California's most comprehensive alternative stress & anxiety treatment center.
Call (530) 243-9464 to make your appointment today!